Goliath zoekt een Manager product development
Geplaatst: 15 oktober 2015, Geplaatst in Nieuws
Goliath Games is an international manufacturer and distributor of toys and games (among our brands are Rummikub, Triominos, Rolit, Wordsearch, Pop the Pig, Doggie Doo, Gooey Looey, Robofish, Domino Rally and many more sold under the flag of Goliath). Goliath is a family-owned and run businesses.
Goliath was established in 1980 and ever since has grown tremendously. Currently we hold offices in France, Germany, Spain/Portugal, Poland, Belgium, Netherlands, USA, Canada, Hong Kong and Australia (under the flag of Crown & Andrews). Our head office (R&D, purchasing, administration and logistics) is located in Hattem, the Netherlands, from where we export to approximately 75 countries world-wide.
Our slogan ‘Clever Together!’ applies not only to our products – that combine fun and wittiness – but also to the internal processes of creating and marketing them.
Manager product development
We’re looking for an ambitious and driven person well-experienced in overseeing the various phases of product development (from idea to concept to tooling and production). We develop over 100 items each year, the development of which involves around 30 people worldwide. The person we’re looking for is an excellent leader and planner: he/she will direct (motivate, coach and monitor) our local development team in Hattem (such as graphic and industrial designers and project managers) and has a deep understanding of commerce, project-planning, QA/QC-matters and manufacturing.
You will be contributing to the continuation and growth of our organization. Some main tasks:
Direct, manage and monitor the product development process (including the management of QA/QC).
Direct, hire, lead, coach and evaluate our employees working on our product development projects.
Review product cycle schedules to make decisions concerning work and development procedures, considering budgetary limitations, time constraints and the sales potential of the products.
Ensure schedules are maintained and deadlines and targets are met.
We’re looking for you if the following characterizes you:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Business-minded: commercial attitude.
- Quick at analyzing complex issues and finding solutions.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Fluent in both English and Dutch (written and spoken).
- Enjoyed higher education (minimum BSc. Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design).
- Advanced experience with multi-project planning.
- Affinity with toys and games.
- Internationally experienced (preferably).
- Work experience in trade, wholesale and/or retail sector.
- Knowledge of consumer goods, packaging and design.
- Understanding of the complete manufacturing process (engineering, injection molding, production, printing, etc.).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar role.
Interested? Mail us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com